Last Updated: 09/20/2023
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS CAREFULLY.
- Overview.The Site provides you with information about the Teamshares service offerings.
- Eligibility.By accessing or using this Site, you represent and warrant to us that your use of the Site is in compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations. If you are an entity, organization, or company, the individual accessing or using this Site on your behalf represents and warrants that they have authority to bind you to these Terms and you agree to be bound by these Terms.
- Limited License.Subject to your complete and ongoing compliance with these Terms, Teamshares grants you, solely for your personal, use, a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use the Site.
- License Restrictions.Except and solely to the extent such a restriction is impermissible under applicable law, you may not: (a) use the Site for any illegal purpose or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law; (b) infringe the Site, including reproduce, distribute, publicly display, or publicly perform the Site; (c) make modifications to the Site; (d) interfere with or circumvent any feature of the Site or interfere with a users’ enjoyment of the Site, including any security or access control mechanism, or (e) reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of any portion of the Site.
- Information You Submit.Do not submit any information or other materials that you consider confidential or proprietary through the Site. If you choose to provide input and suggestions regarding problems with or proposed modifications or improvements to the Site (“Feedback”), then you do so on a non-confidential basis (regardless of any designation or indication to the contrary in the submitted information or any accompanying correspondence) and you hereby grant Teamshares an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free transferable, sublicensable right to exploit the Feedback in any manner and for any purpose, including to improve the Site and create other products and services.
- Ownership; Proprietary Rights.The Site is owned and operated by Teamshares. The visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, research reports, data, computer code (including source code or object code), products, software, services, and all other elements of the Site (“Materials”) provided by Teamshares are protected by intellectual property and other laws. All Materials included in the Site are the property of Teamshares or its third-party licensors. Except as expressly authorized by Teamshares, you may not use the Materials. Teamshares reserves all rights to the Materials not granted expressly in these Terms.
- Linked Websites.The Site may contain links to third-party websites. Third-party websites are not under Teamshares’s control, and Teamshares is not responsible for their content.
- Modification of these Terms.We reserve the right to change these Terms on a going-forward basis at any time. The most current version of these Terms is in effect each time you access or use the Site. Except as expressly permitted in this Section 6, the Terms by which the parties are bound may be amended only by a written agreement signed by authorized representatives of the parties to these Terms. Disputes arising under these Terms will be resolved in accordance with the version of these Terms that was in effect at the time the dispute arose.
- Modification of the Site.Teamshares reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Site at any time (including by limiting or discontinuing certain features of the Site), temporarily or permanently, without notice to you. Teamshares will have no liability for any change to the Site or any suspension or termination of your access to or use of the Site.
- Term and Termination.These Terms are in effect for any access or use by you of the Site. If you violate any provision of these Terms: (a) you must immediately cease all use of the Site; (b) your rights under these Terms are terminated and you are no longer authorized to access or use the Site; and (c) all definitions and Sections 3(b), 3(c), 4, 6 through 12 will survive termination.
- Indemnity.To the fullest extent permitted by law, you are responsible for your use of the Site, and you will defend and indemnify Teamshares and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, subsidiaries, and agents (together, the “Teamshares Entities”) from and against every claim brought by a third party, and any related liability, damage, loss, and expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or connected with: (a) your unauthorized use of, or misuse of, the Site; (b) your violation of any portion of these Terms or any applicable law or regulation; (c) your violation of any third-party right, including any intellectual property or other proprietary right or right of publicity, confidentiality, or privacy; or (d) any dispute or issue between you and any third party. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you (without limiting your indemnification obligations with respect to that matter), and in that case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of the applicable claims.
- Disclaimers; No Warranties
- THE SITE AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TEAMSHARES DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE SITE AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING: (A) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; AND (B) ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE. TEAMSHARES DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR ANY PORTION OF THE SITE, OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND TEAMSHARES DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THOSE ISSUES WILL BE CORRECTED.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE SITE, TEAMSHARES ENTITIES, OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY THAT IS NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS OR A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND TEAMSHARES. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE SITE OR YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU ACCESS AND USE THE SITE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY (INCLUDING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE) OR ANY LOSS OF DATA.
- THE LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS IN THIS SECTION APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. TEAMSHARES DOES NOT DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY OR OTHER RIGHT THAT TEAMSHARES IS PROHIBITED FROM DISCLAIMING UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- Limitation of Liability
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE TEAMSHARES ENTITIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE ANY PORTION OF THE SITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ANY TEAMSHARES ENTITY HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE TEAMSHARES ENTITIES TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF OR ANY INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE ANY PORTION OF THE SITE OR OTHERWISE UNDER THESE TERMS, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, IS LIMITED TO $100.
- EACH PROVISION OF THESE TERMS THAT PROVIDES FOR A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES IS INTENDED TO AND DOES ALLOCATE THE RISKS BETWEEN THE PARTIES UNDER THESE TERMS. THIS ALLOCATION IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES. EACH OF THESE PROVISIONS IS SEVERABLE AND INDEPENDENT OF ALL OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION 11 WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- Governing Law.These Terms are governed by the laws of the state of New York without regard to conflict of law principles that would result in the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. You and Teamshares submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts and federal courts located within Kings County, New York, for resolution of any lawsuit or court proceeding permitted under these Terms.
- Additional Terms.Your use of the Site is subject to all additional terms, policies, rules, or guidelines applicable to the Site or certain features of the Site that we may post on or link to from the Site or that you agree to in connection with certain technology or services made available to you by or on behalf of Teamshares (the “Additional Terms”). All Additional Terms are incorporated by this reference into, and made a part of, these Terms.
- Contact Information.The Site is offered by Teamshares Inc., located at 214 Sullivan Street, Suite 6B, NY, NY 10012. You may contact us by sending correspondence to that address or by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Notice to California Residents.If you are a California resident, under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 in order to resolve a complaint regarding the Site or to receive further information regarding use of the Site.
- International Use.The Site is intended for visitors located within the United States. We make no representation that the Site is appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. Access to the Site from countries or territories or by individuals where such access is illegal is prohibited.