Teamshares Inc. California Resident Privacy Notice
Last Updated: 08/14/2023
. It applies to individuals residing in California from whom we collect Personal Information as a business under the CCPA.
Personal Information Collection, Disclosure, and Sale
Personal Information does not include information that is:
- Lawfully made available from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated.
- Otherwise excluded from the scope of the CCPA.
The chart below provides the categories of Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information (as defined by the CCPA) we have collected, disclosed for a business purpose, or sold or “shared” (for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes) in the preceding twelve months since this notice was last updated. The examples of Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information provided for each category reflect each category’s statutory definition and may not reflect all of the specific types of Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information associated with each category.
|Category||We Collected||We Disclosed||We Sold/Shared|
|A. Identifiers Examples: Name, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, date of birth, or other similar identifiers. ||Yes||Yes||No|
|B. Categories of Personal Information in Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.80(e) Examples: Name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history or financial information.||Yes||Yes||No|
|C. Characteristics of Protected Classifications under California or Federal Law Examples: Race or color, ancestry or national origin, religion or creed, age (over 40), mental or physical disability, sex (including gender and pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status.||No||N/A||N/A|
|D. Commercial Information Examples: Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. ||Yes||Yes||No|
|E. Biometric Information Examples: Physiological, biological, or behavioral characteristics, including DNA, that can be used, singly or in combination with each other or with other identifying data, to establish individual identity, such as imagery of the iris, retina, fingerprint, face, hand, palm, vein patterns, and voice recordings, from which an identifier template, such as a faceprint, a minutiae template, or a voiceprint, can be extracted, and keystroke patterns or rhythms, gait patterns or rhythms, and sleep, health, or exercise data that contain identifying information. ||No||N/A||N/A|
|F. Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information Examples: Browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application or advertisement. ||Yes||Yes||No|
|G. Geolocation Data Example: Precise physical location. ||No||N/A||N/A|
|H. Sensory Information Examples: Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||No||N/A||N/A|
|I. Professional or Employment-Related Information Examples: Job application or resume information, past and current job history, and job performance information.||Yes||Yes||No|
|J. Non-Public Education Information (as defined in 20 U.S.C. 1232g; 34 C.F.R. Part 99) Examples: Records that are directly related to a student maintained by an educational agency or institution or by a party acting for the agency or institution.||No||N/A||N/A|
|K. Inferences Drawn from Personal Information Examples: Consumer profiles reflecting a consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. ||No||N/A||N/A|
|L. Sensitive Personal Information (Identifiers)Examples: A consumer’s social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number.||Yes||No||No|
|M. Sensitive Personal Information (Log-In and Financial Information) Examples: Account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account.||Yes||No||No|
|N. Sensitive Personal Information (Precise Geolocation)||No||N/A||N/A|
|O. Sensitive Personal Information (Group Membership) Examples: Racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership.||No||N/A||N/A|
|P. Sensitive Personal Information (Contents of Communications) Examples: The contents of a consumer’s mail, email, and text messages unless the business is the intended recipient of the communication.||No||N/A||N/A|
|Q. Sensitive Personal Information (Genetic Data)||No||N/A||N/A|
|R. Sensitive Personal Information (Identifying Biometric Information)||No||N/A||N/A|
|S. Sensitive Personal Information (Personal Information Collected and Analyzed Concerning a Consumer’s Health)||No||N/A||N/A|
|T. Sensitive Personal Information (Personal Information Collected and Analyzed Concerning a Consumer’s Sex Life or Sexual Orientation)||No||N/A||N/A|
Use of Personal Information
We collect your Personal Information for the following specific business and commercial purposes:
- Providing Services: Providing our services, such as providing and delivering products and services to employers with respect to their employees (e.g., when an employee receives their employee stock grant, and we provide a tax form to their employer to facilitate compliance with tax laws) and displaying your salary and equity grant information.
- Communicating: Communicating with you, providing you with updates and other information relating to our services and products, providing information that you request, responding to comments and questions, and otherwise providing customer support.
- Marketing: Marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest to you.
- Sending Messages: Sending you email and text messages or push notifications.
- Deidentification and Aggregation: Deidentifying and aggregating information collected through our services and using it for lawful purposes.
- Job Applications: Processing your job application.
- Safety Issues: Responding to trust and safety issues that may arise.
- Auditing Interactions: Auditing related to your interaction with our services and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of impressions, and auditing compliance with other standards.
- Fraud and Incident Prevention: Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging: Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Transient Use: Short-term, transient use.
- Contracting Vendors: Contracting with service providers to perform services on our behalf or on their behalf, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider.
- Research: Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Improving Our Services: Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of our services, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance our services.
- Enabling Transactions: Otherwise enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction.
- Notified Purpose: For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
Collection of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
- You/Your Devices: You or your devices directly.
- Users: Other users of our services.
- Analytics Providers.
- Partners: Business partners.
- Public: Publicly accessible sources.
Disclosure of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve months since this notice was last updated, we disclosed Personal Information to the following categories of third parties for the purposes of providing services, communicating, marketing, sending messages, deidentification and aggregation, job applications, safety issues, compliance, auditing interactions, fraud and incident prevention, debugging, transient use, contracting vendors, research, improving our services, enabling transactions, and for any notified purpose:
- Affiliates.Personal Information we disclosed: Identifiers, Categories of Personal Information in Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.80(e), Commercial Information, Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information, and Professional or Employment-Related Information.
- Analytics Providers.Personal Information we disclosed: Identifiers, Categories of Personal Information in Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.80(e), Commercial Information, Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information, and Professional or Employment-Related Information.
- Vendors: Vendors and service providers.Personal Information we disclosed: Identifiers, Categories of Personal Information in Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.80(e), Commercial Information, Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information, and Professional or Employment-Related Information.
- Third Parties as Legally Required: Third parties as required by law and similar disclosures.Personal Information we disclosed: Identifiers, Categories of Personal Information in Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.80(e), Commercial Information, Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information, and Professional or Employment-Related Information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may exercise the following rights.Right to Know and Access.
You may submit a verifiable request for information regarding the: (1) categories of Personal Information collected, sold, or disclosed by us; (2) purposes for which categories of Personal Information are collected or sold by us; (3) categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information; (4) categories of third parties to whom we disclosed or sold Personal Information; and (5) specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you during the past twelve months.Right to Delete.
Subject to certain exceptions, you may submit a verifiable request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you.Right to Correct.
You may submit a verifiable request that we correct inaccurate Personal Information that we maintain about you.Verification.
Requests for access to, deletion, or correction of Personal Information are subject to our ability to reasonably verify your identity in light of the information requested and pursuant to relevant CCPA requirements, limitations, and regulations. To verify your access, deletion, or correction request, please follow the instructions provided in our response to your request.Right to Opt Out.
In some circumstances, you may opt out of the sale or sharing (for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes) of your Personal Information. We do not sell or share (for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes) your Personal Information.Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information.
In some circumstances, you may limit our use and disclosure of your Sensitive Personal Information. We do not use or disclose your Sensitive Personal Information for purposes other than the limited purposes permitted by the CCPA.Right of No Retaliation.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your CCPA privacy rights, subject to certain limitations, including if you are an employee, applicant, or independent contractor of our business.Submit Requests.
To exercise your rights under the CCPA, send an email via our Contact Information section below.Authorizing an Agent.
If you are acting as an authorized agent to make a request to know, delete, correct, or opt out on behalf of a California resident, send an email via our Contact Information section below and attach a written authorization signed by the resident.
We do not knowingly sell or share (for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes) Personal Information of consumers under 16 years of age. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors are not using our services.
Updates or Amendments to the California Resident Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to change this California Resident Privacy Notice at any time, so please revisit this page frequently. All changes to this California Resident Privacy Notice are effective as of the stated “Last Revised and Updated” date, and your continued use of our services after the “Last Revised and Updated” date will constitute acceptance of, and agreement to be bound by, those changes.Contact Information.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about this notice or our processing activities please email us at email@example.com
or write to us at:
214 Sullivan Street, Suite 6B
NY, NY 10012